Monday, February 1, 2010

weight loss progress/ February goals

So I started out January 2010 weighing 188 and am starting February 2010 186. I lost 2 pounds this month.....not a whole lot, but it's progress. I honestly thought I would've lost more since I went from basically not exercising to exercising 3 times a week. Maybe my metabolism is super slow, but I do feel better and feel a bit more toned. My jeans are fitting better, so it's going. Actually the first week of January when I started exercising i lost 2 pounds right off. But then my Aggie girls from college had our annual reunion in the middle of January. I had tons of fun! But my 2 pounds came back on. So I started back at it and have lost 1 pound a week the past 2 weeks.

Jeremy and I have been trying to eat better at home. We have "The Best Life" cookbook so use some of those recipes and my good friend Kristin gave me a lowfat cooking website she uses and have found lots of recipes there that are good.

I started the from couch to 5k that Jill Le told me about. I did the first two weeks and then on week 3, I got sick, so I didn't exercise only once last week. I am starting back on week 3 and hope to ready to run for our Lifegroup 5K in March.

My goals for January were to exercise 4 times a week and read the book of Romans. I actually met those goals!

So February goals are to run/walk 3 times a week, do my "Shape" magazine workout twice a week at home, read 1&2 Timothy, and memorize 2 bible verses.

Monthly goals have been good for me. I always get overwhelmed by super long term goals, so setting short term goals work much better for me. I like even more that I'm not putting an amount of pounds that I want to lose in a month. I like the goals of what I'm going to do to lose the weight or to get healthy. Its easier for me to track that honestly.....I would get discouraged when I wouldn't lose weight in the amount of time I gave myself.

I'm trying to be better at updating the blog so hopefully I'll update about this again soon and not at the beginning of March.

3 comments:

  1. Awesom job, Angie! What progress!! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job...What a great way to encourage others as well! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great!!! If you come across any really delicious recipes, you should blog about them! I'm always excited to have recommendations on tasty things that are actually good for you! Keep up the good work Angie!

    ReplyDelete